What does a girl from four seasons pack when she’s going to the desert?
- Sentimental things like painted rocks and decorative ornaments
- Practical things like my favorite stone plates and coffee cups
- Activity things like a blow-up exercise ball and my yoga mat
- Comfort things like my favorite blanket (they’ve got air conditioning, right?)
- Familiar sweeteners like Stevia and Splenda
- Introvert things like books and spiral notebooks
- Impractical, self-expressive things lie sexy high heels and heated curlers (they’ve got night clubs, right?)
- Clothes: sleeveless maxi dresses with coordinating sweaters, flowing silky pants with long-sleeved tops, black Abayas, scarves (I’m not a scarf girl though), leggings?
I can’t lift the suitcases. Too heavy.
I’ll find a man to carry them.
I am choosing to go to the desert because I welcome this opportunity to adapt, do without, experience the desert, learn to endure, overcome and simply BE.
All the stuff I left behind
3 bags of discarded clothes, 1 suitcase of heavy objects, 10 pairs of footwear, and a collection of miscellaneous things later, I still don’t know what a girl from four seasons should pack when she’s going to the desert.